We all dream of elevating the kind of life that we used to have. To improve the quality of living for our family is our main goal. The only way that this could be possible is when we put both our heart and mind into something that will eventually flourish into something positive.
You have two options on how you can make that difference. One, by being employed, and two, by starting up a business. The most common way of earning is through working for a company. Nothing is wrong with that. In fact, a company may not grow without these people to help them. However, being employed should not stop you from achieving your dreams.
Working 9 to 5
We must admit that working on a 9-to-5 job is tiring. And sometimes, employees are not given what they deserve, therefore, making both ends meet is sometimes hard. So, my question is, “Should you limit yourself to being just an employee?”
I often talk about how we could start today and make a difference that would help sustain the needs of our family, and even pass it on to our children. Retirees and OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) may have thought that once they have reached the end of the line (age of employment), that they should just stop.
There are so many opportunities that we choose to avoid what is in front of us. Giving excuses such as, “next time”, “I do not have time”, or “I am not capable” are very common. If that is how all the mindsets of people are, who do you think would savor success, happiness and a very comfortable life?
The holidays is the time to take every opportunity to earn extra. From making kakanin, craft making, selling holyday decorations, children’s toys…. Dozens of bazaars are just all over the place these days. All I am saying is, you need to do something today if you want to change how your life will be in the future. Never be afraid to start a business. Focus on the positive rather than be discouraged with what others may say.
Having your own business will somehow help you have a peace of mind, should anything happen to the company that you are employed at.
As I have often said, you don’t need to start big, most especially if you do not have enough capital to start with. As much as possible avoid the option of having to loan unless you know that you have carefully studied that the business you have in mind is something that would easily draw in customers, like the food business. Taking advantage of the Christmas season. It may be hard at first, but once you get the hang of it, who knows? You might even consider running a small business on the side!
To become an entrepreneur, you need to master these skills.
- Enhanced communication skills. Even if you are just a solopreneur, you still need to enhance your communication skills so that you are able to reach out to your customers in such a way that they are easily encouraged to buy your products and be able to build that trust in you.
It is important that you learn to listen to your customers because it is through them that you can improve on how you handle your business.
- Build your brand. One of the best ways to start building your brand is by being active on the different social media platform. Businesses today take advantage of this opportunity since, through this, businesses are able to reach out to more people. People nowadays spend long hours on the internet, and by making use of this technology a business can easily be recognized.
Your Sales Pitch
- Improve your sales pitch. No matter how big or small your business is, it is important to know how to sell your products or services. Instead of forcing what you can offer a customer, focus on their needs and then provide a solution for their problem.
- Strengthen your business strategies. You must not only be looking at the “now” but should also look forward on how you can build your business better as the years pass by. Create strategies that will make customers remain loyal and can encourage their friends to be among your loyal customers, as well.
- Keep an eye on your finances. You don’t need to have a diploma in Accountancy just to know how to handle your finances. Ensure that you set a certain amount for maintenance of your business. You may be earning a lot each month, but that should not make you think of booking a trip to Europe. Learn how to handle your finances properly. Remember that you need a revolving fund to ensure that you can sustain the business, as well as being able to keep some to cover overhead expenses.
Joining the Entrepreneurial Bandwagon
Nothing in this world is permanent. And that goes the same with the employment sometimes, particularly with our OFWs. Instead of splurging on expensive gadgets and jewelry, learn to invest. Investing in a business should be able to help the family for sure.
There are seminars and workshops that talk about how to start, build and grow a business. Aspiring entrepreneurs would be given first-hand information that could be of great help once they have decided to pursue their goals.
When we learn to explore about entrepreneurship, we are able to help the government eradicate unemployment. Small enterprises have been proven to play a significant role in the economic growth of a country. Wouldn’t you want to take part on this to help our country and our countrymen?
For questions and more information, you may contact